The Roann Coverd Bridge is a massive Howe truss structure that uses two spans to cross the Eel river. The total span is 288 feet, it has an 18 foot clearance height, and is 16 feet wide. It was constructed by the Smith Bridge Company of Toledo, Ohio, in 1877. The bridge was almost completely distroyed by a fire in 1990. In 1992 the Limberlost Construction Company finished a complete renovation which included a sprinkler system, there being only two other bridges in Indiana thus equipped. Though no historical marker is present, the current Roann Covered Bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1981.